August 23, 2016

Welcome

Welcome


Let's get one thing straight right off the bat: this is not a blog for alcoholics or drunks or those who love them, though I welcome them, along with anyone, even "the ladies who lunch," (the Sondheim song from which the blog title is derived) and all those who love vodka, even if not stingers. The blog title refers to, as one of my friends puts it, one of my trademark sayings (or singings, actually) when things get rough, or simply absurd. And, if you're living in the same world I'm living in, things get rough and/or absurd all the time.  Everywhere. For everyone. "I'll drink to that!"
But I digress. For those of you who don't know the Sondheim reference, here's the late Elaine Stritch singing the song as brilliantly as only she can:



Most postings will be on current theatre and film that I'm seeing, with occasional rantings and ravings about events in the news.  I'm neither a professional critic or commentator, and don't intend these postings to be read as such.  Postings will usually occur on Fridays. With that disclaimer, please enjoy!